Recognized Texas brewers include:
- American-style Wheat Beer: Silver for Shiner Dunkelweizen from Spoetzl
- Vienna-style Lager: Gold for Vienna Lager from The Covey Restaurant & Brewery
- German-style Heller Bock/Maibock: Bronze for Bucking Bock from Rahr & Sons
- Strong Scotch Ale: Gold for Divine Reserve No. 4 from Saint Arnold
- International Pale Ale: Silver for Elissa IPA from Saint Arnold
The World Beer Cup is a judged competition held every two years and sponsored by the Brewers Association, the craft beer industry's professional organization. This year's competition included more than 2800 beers from 644 brewers in 58 countries.
Awards are given in 91 different style categories of beer, with the top three beers recognized with gold, silver and bronze medals.