The breakdown of the awards is:
- American-Style Hefeweizen: Bronze for Texas Wheat from The Covey
- Belgian-Style Strong Specialty Ale: Silver for 100 from The Covey
- Münchner-Style Helles: Bronze for Rahr Blonde from Rahr & Sons
- Smoke-Flavored Beer: Silver for Smokestack Stout from The Covey
- Strong Scotch Ale (Traditional): Gold for Scotch Ale from The Covey
- Vienna-Style Lager: Bronze for Vienna Lager from The Covey
A full listing of awards is available from the Los Angeles County Fair website.
Update: Rahr & Sons also won a medal at the 2009 North American Beer Awards, an annual competition sponsored by the North American Brewers Association. Rahr & Sons' Ugly Pug won a bronze medal in the Schwarzbier (Black Beer) category.
The North American Beer Awards is held in conjunction with the Mountain Brewers Beer Fest each summer in Idaho Falls, Idaho.